Team India has been dominant in this World Cup 2019 and has only lost one match in their 9 league matches. Being table toppers before heading into the semi-finals, team India’s confidence will sky high against the Kiwis.
India will play against New Zealand on 9th July, and the winner will reach the finals.
Here are some facts which can be considered in India’s favor to win the Semi-finals.
1) New Zealand’s Low Confidence – New-Zealand having lost track of their World Cup campaign in the second half are low on confidence which might give team India an edge.
2) Lost 3 In 3 – Last three World Cup encounter’s of New-Zealand team has not been a cake walk as they were beaten by England, Pakistan, and Australia.
3) Rohit Sharma’s Dream Run Continues– Rohit is in sublime form of his life and also the top scorer in this edition of World Cup, hitting three consecutive centuries, he will play a big role in the semis as well to make Team India reach the World Cup Finals.
4) Virat Kohli is Due For A Big Inning– The Indian Captain has been scoring half-centuries but was unable to convert it into three figures. This is rare as Virat Kohli scores a ton in almost every tournament. So, he will be desperate to score a century and as we know, he is a big match player so, might play a big role in the Semi-Finals 2019.
5) The Bumrah Factor– Jasprit Bumrah is world’s number one bowler at the moment and has been delivering well for the Indian Team in this tournament. One of the best death bowler in the tournament, he will once again be a key factor for the Indian Team in order to reach World Cup Finals.
6) Captain Virat VS Captain Kane – Kohli and Kane Williamson led their sides at the Under-19 World Cup in 2008. India defeated New Zealand in the semi-final as Kohli scored 43 and also took 2 wickets, including that of Williamson. India won that World Cup. The Kiwi captain will be eyeing to take that revenge after 11 years but the high confident captain Virat Kohli wouldn’t let it happen.