Rishi Kapoor turns 67 today. Born on 4th September 1952 in Mumbai, Rishi Kapoor was a son of legendary film actor-director Raj Kapoor. He was the second son in his family after Randhir Kapoor.
Be it playing a serious character or a comic role, the actor has entertained us with his stellar performances in several films over the decades. He won the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor in 2011 for the movie Do Dooni Chaar, and Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor in 2017 for his role in Kapoor & Sons.
It’s been almost a year since Rishi Kapoor has been in New York for his cancer treatment. His fans back here are missing him very much.
Here are 8 facts you didn’t know about Rishi Kapoor:
- Rishi Kapoor was just 21 when he made his debut as a lead actor with ‘Bobby’ in 1973. The film became extremely popular among youngsters.
- Rishi Kapoor won a national award for his debut movie “Mera Naam Joker” as a child artist.
- Not many know that Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Singh’s families were not in favour of their marriage. But Rishi Kapoor’s determination to spend the rest of his life with Neetu Singh was high and finally, both the families agreed for their marriage.
- He also tried his luck in direction with the movie ‘Aa Ab Laut Chalen’ in 1999, starring Aishwarya Rai and Akshaye Khanna. However, the film failed to attain commercial success and remains the only film directed by Rishi Kapoor.
- The actor had performed in more than 100 romantic films as a lead actor, which shows his passion & love towards romantic movies.
- He has worked in more than 130 Bollywood films and is still doing a great job in the field.
- Rishi Kapoor’s last film as a romantic hero was ‘Karobaar: The Business of Love’, which was delayed due to production problems and was finally released in 2000.
- Rishi Kapoor has also been a part of an English film ‘Don’t Stop Dreaming’ which was directed by Aditya Raj Kapoor.