On India’s 70th Constitution Day, remembering Dr. BR Ambedkar, also known as Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar, a celebrated Indian jurist, politician, economist, and social reformer who motivated the Dalit Buddhist movement and campaigned beside social discrimination towards the untouchables and also called as the Father of Indian Constitution.
26 Nov, the day is commemorated in order to remember that the country’s constitution provides for fundamental rights and obligations and to uphold them as the country’s responsible citizen.
We bring you some of the best and powerful quotes by BR. Ambedkar-
1. Religion and slavery are incompatible.
2. Life should be great rather than long.
3. We are Indians, firstly and lastly.
4. If I find the constitution being misused, I shall be the first to burn it.
5. Equality may be a fiction but nonetheless one must accept it as a governing principle.
6. The history of India is nothing but a history of a mortal conflict between Buddhism and Brahminism.
7. A great man is different from an eminent one in that he is ready to be the servant of the society.
8. I like the religion that teaches liberty, equality, and fraternity.
9. Cultivation of mind should be the ultimate aim of human existence.
10. If you believe in living a respectable life, you believe in self-help which is the best help.