Inspired millions of people with her incredible work, Helen Keller was an American author, political activist, lecturer, and also was the first deaf-blind person to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree. Born on June 27, 1880, Keller was well known for her strength, integrity, courage and despite of her disabilities she didn’t stop from creating a beautiful life that touched people around the world.
Though both blind and deaf, Keller visited 35 countries from 1946 to 1957, fighting for improvement in the education and life of the physically handicapped people. Devoted much of her later life to raising funds for the American Foundation for the Blind, Keller died in her sleep on June 1, 1968, at her home, Arcan Ridge, located in Easton.
Here are Top 10 Quotes by Helen Keller to inspire you to never give up and how to tackle tough situations in life:
1. “A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.”
2. “The best way out is always through.”
3. “Never bend your head. Hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.”
4. “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow.”
5. “One can never content to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.”
6. “When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.”
7. “While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done, it was done.”
8. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.”
9. “We can do anything we want to do if we stick to it long enough.”
10. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.”