The Shenhanshah of Bollywood- Amitabh Bachchan completed 50 years in the Indian film industry. Started his career with his debut film Saat Hindustani released on November 7, 1969, Amitabh Bachchan has worked in more than 200 Indian bollywood films. He gained huge popularity in the 70s after working in films like Sholay, Deewaar, Zanjeer.
Amitabh Bachchan has been awarded several honours for his achievements in the Indian film industry. He became the first artist to receive the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in 1991 and in 2000 Filmfare Awards he was crowned as Superstar of the Millennium, actor of the Century award at the Alexandria International Film Festival in Egypt in 2001, the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2010 Asian Film Awards, Padma Shri in 1984, Padma Bhushan in 2001, Padma Vibhushan in 2015, Dada Saheb Phalke Award 2019 and the list is endless.
On the occasion, son Abhishek shared an emotional note for his father on twitter- he wrote, “Not just as a son, but as an actor and a fan… We are all blessed to witness greatness! There is so much to admire, to learn and even more to appreciate. Several generations of cinema lovers get to say we lived in the times of BACHCHAN!!! Congratulations Pa on completing 50 years in the Film industry. We now await the next 50! Love you.”
Not just as a son, but as an actor and a fan… We are all blessed to witness greatness!
There is so much to admire, to learn and even more to appreciate. Several generations of cinema lovers get to say we lived in the times of BACHCHAN!!! pic.twitter.com/TQAJY3Hrfw
— Abhishek Bachchan (@juniorbachchan) November 7, 2019
Here are 15 iconic dialogues of Amitabh Bachchan:
1. Rishte mein toh hum tumhare baap lagte hain, naam hai Shahenshah. – Shahenshah
2. Yeh tumhare baap ka ghar nahin, police station hai, is liye seedhi tarha khade raho – Zanjeer
3. Don ko pakadna mushkil hi nahin, naamumkin hai. – Don
4. Tumhara naam kya hai, Basanti? – Sholay
5. Aaj mere paas bangla hai, gaadi hai, bank balance hai, kya hae tumhare paas? – Deewar
6. Pura naam, Vijay Dinanath Chauhan, baap ka naam, Dinanath Chauhan, maa ka naam, Suhasini Chauhan, gaon Mandwa, umar chhattis saal. – Agneepath
7. Ghadi Ghadi drama karta hai, saala – Sholay
8. Main aur meri tanhai, aksar yeh baatein karte hai – Silsila
9. Main aaj bhi phenke hue paise nahin uthata – Deewar
10. Sahi baat ko sahi waqt pe kiya jaye to uska maza hi kuch aur hai, aur main sahi waqt ka intezaar karta hoon. – Trishul
11. Moochein ho to Nathulal jaise warna na ho. – Sharaabi
12. Govardhan seth, samundar mein tairne waale kuoon aur taalabon mein dubki nahin lagaya karte hain. – Sharaabi
13. Sapne bhi samundar ki lahron ki tarah haqeeqat ki chattanon se takrakar toot jaate hain. – Deewar
14. Meri history jaanta nahi hai tu, mere shareer me haddi kam taanke zyada hain. – Department
15. Paisa kya hai, sirf ek number na. – Teen Patti